The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Best Travel Spots/Tips

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/what-would-be-best-34175543.aspx

Subject:  What would be best? Date:  4/7/2019  1:56 PM
Author:  branmin Number:  24010 of 24411

Was originally going to London staying a week or so, and taking the Euro train into France, exchanging Pounds for Euros in London(have a bank acct there) but changed plans as found a cheap flight some 3 hours after landing at Heathrow, so will go directly onto France, come back to London and have a week plus there. However I forgot that I needed Euros(change, tips money etc, as wont use CC's all the time)and the only option I have)before getting to France) would be at Heathrow Airport and certainly won't exchange Dollars there. However, not sure if this is correct, but heard that Chase through ATM's have the best terms, whatever that means. I have a Chase Sapphire Card)no foreign transaction fees) but never used an ATM machine before and don't you have to have a debit card as opposed to a credit card to do this?

So was wondering whats the best to do in my circumstances, even to ordering Euros from my bank here in the States well before I leave or would I be better off with another method.
Any suggestions? Thx.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us