The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/a-couple-long-timers-in-the-facebook-expats-groups-34181976.aspx

Subject:  Re: Future Expats in Waiting Date:  4/15/2019  3:32 PM
Author:  MoneySlob Number:  93049 of 107492

A couple long-timers in the Facebook Expats groups talk about maybe Mexico.
One really smart couple said if they had it to do over again they might pick Columbia.
Anyway, one gets a much better view of the reality when talking to people that already live there.

Ideally for me? If I could give up the dancing (250 dances a month for Portland), the hiking in the Northwest, the bike lanes and trails, and the really near skiing (they are going to put a Gondola up to the top of Mt Hood), I would live in either Texas or Florida and spend big part of the year in Costa Rica. A flight from Florida is only a couple hours, less than most places in the US to the US. Texas a little longer but both states are super retirement income friendly.

Costa Rica has a plethora of climates. Many gravitate to the beach: hot and humid and air con is expensive. Just as many try that and then move to the Central Valley (around San Jose) where you sleep with the windows open and don't need air con or heat.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us