The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltthat-pres-trump-has-an-unsavory-past-and-34187087.aspx

Subject:  Re: I am aware--- Date:  4/19/2019  11:28 AM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  2253410 of 2327643

<<That Pres. Trump has an unsavory past, and I understand differences of political opinion.

What I don't understand is the unbridled hatred and the vitriol hurled at the President.

WE may quibble over the many issues he has championed and whether they have been successful or even completed; but are they of such consequence as to believe he is evil?

Many on this board seem to suspect he has horns under his unusual hair style.

I do not understand where this comes from.>>

It's a clash of values and a question of which values will rule the United States. It's the culture war which has been raging since the late 1960s.

The left was defeated in the 1960s by Nixon, by Reagan in the 1980s. The right was defeated by Obama.

The question is who is going to win and what values will rule now.

The question of "collusion" is just a debating point ---- Obama knew that Russian was attempting to impact American elections in 2014 ---he chose to ignore that.

Leftists lost the 2016 elections and made only modest gains in the 2018 election. They are looking at a big election loss again in 2020. "collusion" is their only hope, even though it's been rejected by the special counsel. So they will play it for all its worth, even though that will cost them hugely in the 2020 elections ---- as it did in the 1972 and 1984 elections when the victories of Nixon and Reagan were consolidated.

The only way they win is if Trump's supporters abandon him and his support in the polls collapse. They can't win in elections, so they hope their own flawed polling will bail them out. We shall see. But if it doesn't, they are headed for disaster in 2020.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us