The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltcome-to-think-of-it-i-seem-to-recall-34188333.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Are you Immediate or Delayed gratifica Date:  4/21/2019  4:17 AM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  906840 of 908518

<<Come to think of it, I seem to recall intercst remarking that he bought a generous supply of Safeway chocolate doughnuts when they were on sale!

</snip>

Absolutely!

Safeway also has a $5 Friday special, once a month for a tray of 9 cream puffs for $5. I bough two one month and froze one. No change in condition and quality after thawing, so I'm now buying two trays per month in addition to the chocolate donuts.

It's a good thing I walk 50 miles/week at a brisk pace - that's enough to burn off an extra 5,000 calories per week -- I'm still the same weight I was in college.

intercst>>

This seems to contradict the theory advanced elsewhere that dental problems can be avoided with a diet that minimizes carbs, since intercst does fine with an annual dental cleaning schedule.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us