The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/first-things-first-marijuana-has-barely-been-34188523.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fed approval of "Lite Pot" needed Date:  4/21/2019  12:53 PM
Author:  sgeeeeee Number:  2253763 of 2296471

First things first. Marijuana has barely been studied scientifically and there is plenty of indication that we don't understand it's effects well at all. You mention THC grading, for example, but there is indication that this metric alone tells us very little about the impact of using it.

First, downscale marijuana from schedule 1 narcotic so it can be studied and understood more thoroughly. Personally, I don't think many of the drugs that are considered level 1 narcotics should be on that list. Schedule 1 prevents us (or severely limits us) from learning about the drug. I don't think the danger justifies the enforced ignorance that comes with schedule 1 classification.

Once the highly varied chemical cocktail that comprises marijuana is actually studied and better understood, I am confident that medication could be developed to better control dose and impact . . . probably several different medications to address different aspects of what marijuana currently provides the vast array of patients who find it valuable.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us