The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltwhat-a-great-honorgtgtgt-i39ve-34190270.aspx

Subject:  Re: Netanyahu will name town in Golan after Trum Date:  4/23/2019  3:35 PM
Author:  jah609 Number:  2254067 of 2328184

<<What a great honor!>>>

I've been voting for more than 50 years.

During that time we have seen the Southern States switch from the Dims to the GOP.

The Dims have relied on strong support from Blacks, Bluecollar, Jews and the top 10% of earners.

In 2016, Pres. Trump seemed to make heavy inroads among the bluecollar group. If he can swing a significant number of the Jewish community, it cold be very interesting.

CAVEAT: In the last 20 years of my working life, I worked for and with Jewish owners and executives.
Flipping them would be very difficult; as an example, one of them told me, "when I'm in the voting booth and reach for a Republican Candidate, my hand shakes. Another time, the Chairman of the Board was complaining about his stock market results. I told him if he would vote for the country instead of conformance to the past, he'd be better off. He looked at as though I had proposed blasphemy.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us