The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / 77's Foolish House of Pigskin

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ps-is-anyone-else-following-the-off-season-not-34210332.aspx

Subject:  Re: Patriots 1st Rounder Date:  5/16/2019  7:46 PM
Author:  LakeEffect Number:  105648 of 105902

PS: Is anyone else following the off-season? Not seeing much here.

Yes, I'm watching; usually the off-season is the only time anything interesting happens if you're a Browns fan.

This year feels different, though. OBJ gets all the headlines but the Browns also added Olivier Vernon and Sheldon Richardson to the D-line alongside Myles Garrett. They added Kareem Hunt on offense and executed an uncharacteristically strong draft. The Browns might be - dare I say it? Good.

But they have a tough schedule. They have to stay healthy (I'm looking at you OBJ) and they have to prove they can beat the Steelers and Ravens which is still a tall order. So it's just cautious optimism at this point.

In Pittsburgh, the Steelers are still formidable in spite of maybe taking a step backwards personnel-wise. Ben is not getting any younger or fleeter-of-foot. In Baltimore, will the Lamar Jackson experiment work? The timing is right for the Browns to become relevant, we'll see if they can actually pull it off.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us