The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / First World Problems

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/also-i-think-they39re-finally-getting-around-34216458.aspx

Subject:  Re: Southlake Date:  5/26/2019  12:45 AM
Author:  synchronicityII Number:  23761 of 23772

Also, I think they're FINALLY getting around to widening the Busy Street near our subdivision, which is kinda sad. It's only a matter of time before some of the large fields near us get sold off and developed into more housing, some health care facilities, and, (it'll happen eventually), More Retail. Because Dog Knows what Southlake REALLY needs is More Retail, FFS.

Well, they did start widening the street. They're about a year into it, and it's a Huge Freaking Mess. And we only have another...two more years to go? And it'll get even worse once the main work move to right in front of our subdivision.

ALSO, they did start developing one of those fields (however, not the one that they've been saying they're going to develop for about 5 years now). And on that field they will be building...a hotel. Six stories tall. DogDarnit!!

Meanwhile, daughter starts HIGH SCHOOL this fall. We're still stumbling by somehow. And a writer friend of mine from college just had her recently-published-book recommended for the Summer Reading List by none other than THE NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW! I was fortunate enough to attend a school with some seriously amazing people.

-synchronicity
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us