The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/when-my-doggies-were-living-i-took-them-to-34217029.aspx

Subject:  Re: RMDs to change to 72 Date:  5/27/2019  9:20 AM
Author:  LuckyDog2002 Number:  93726 of 94944

When my doggies were living, I took them to retirement centers to “entertain” the folks, doing demonstrations of their cuteness and friendliness and of course, tricks. I did this with a Pet Therapy group. After the demonstration, we would let the folks, pet on our dogs, hold them and talk to them and we would, the humans, would converse with them....so many of them missed the pets that they used to have.

So, the point is, when there were outbreaks of viruses and the like, these places were on a lock-down of sorts, no visitors from the outside were allowed in. And as for the mortality rate....I look at the obituaries everyday, and have seen the pattern.....high heat, frigid temperatures and it seems like folks will hold on until after Christmas and then pass away. Also, folks who have recently lost their spouses of many decades and were their caretakers.

Lucky Dog
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us