The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Real Estate Investing


Subject:  Re: Rental, LLC Date:  6/3/2019  10:08 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  14249 of 14285

I realize that whenever I do sell the house, I have to account for the depreciation but not the capital gains if I reside there for a couple of years.

Rich, that tax law has changed. You will have to prorate the capital gains based on how long you held it as a rental and how long you lived in it. Talk to the Tax Strategies Board for details.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us