The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-top-pick-pcty-is-a-curious-case-the-bid-34231171.aspx

Subject:  Re: Best calls 6/21/2019 Date:  6/17/2019  8:50 AM
Author:  jdc115 Number:  115154 of 115790

The top pick, PCTY, is a curious case, the bid ask spread is 0.05 - 4.80 which means it might not be available at the suggested midpoint premium of 2.45. This is the reason to check on the option before buying the stock.

Do you place your orders at the mid-point? Depending on the spread, I either put them at mid-point or higher to see if they hit. I have noticed a few times that they can hit at the very high end of the spread. If the order executes quickly, then I wonder what others know. For example, I sold MDB calls for 21 June at $160 back in May and shares were around $133. I didn’t log the details now but I set the price at the high end of the spread and it went quickly so my first thought was earnings would cause the stock to jump a lot. But that jump seemed to lag by one day before the shares jumped pass my call price.

I rolled out that call one week when shares were above 170 which gave my a nice premium, which I Guess I can continue to do as long as shares stay above 160 if they don’t get called early.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us