The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltlti-do-pay-for-heavy-duty-pruning-since-the-34235075.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Poor People's Moral Action Congress Date:  6/22/2019  2:33 PM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  881916 of 888232

<<I do pay for heavy duty pruning since the majority of my trees, bushes and screens are way too tall for me to cut and I can’t hold a pole saw for that long because it hurts my back...and I pay for re-edging the beds and putting mulch in every few yrs or more. I’m not a perfectionist so as long as the grass is cut and the shrubs aren’t too scraggly looking, I’m fine with that. :)

Anywho.....it’s time for yard work today.

Lucky Dog>>

My priority around my neighborhood is preventing vegetation from overgrowing the sidewalks.

The city has an ordinance requiring homeowners to keep the space above the sidewalk free of vegetation to a height of eight feet ----twelve feet above streets.

Unfortunately, quite a few people allow their trees, bushes and flowers to offend. From time to time I mow the sidewalks, or taking my loppers when I walking to cut offending branches.

But I would FAR prefer homeowners to obey the law and save me the hassle.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us