The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/tele-writes-quotcollege-debt-was-followed-by-34236996.aspx

Subject:  Re: Regrets about college education Date:  6/25/2019  4:39 PM
Author:  intercst Number:  125971 of 127259

tele writes,

"College debt was followed by chosen area of study (12%) as a top regret for employees, though this varied greatly by major. Other regrets include poor networking, school choice, too many degrees, time spent completing education and academic underachievement.

Most satisfied: Those with science, technology, engineering and math majors, who are typically more likely to enjoy higher salaries,

Most regrets: Humanities majors, who are least likely to earn higher pay post-graduation, were most likely to regret their college education.

</snip>

This is one of the few things I agree with tele on.

My college education was strictly an employment credential. And I didn't waste any motion taking a course that didn't directly affect whether or not I graduated. (That's the reason I completed my engineering degree in 3 years.)

You need to be very wealthy to pay for a college education as a means to "find yourself".

intercst
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us