The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Best Travel Spots/Tips

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ragbrai-34252634.aspx

Subject:  RAGBRAI Date:  7/17/2019  5:10 PM
Author:  zenbro Number:  24254 of 24350

Doing RAGBRAI (Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa ) next week ( just the paved road tour, no gravel road extra miles ).

I know it is going to be very hot, we plan on being on the road pedaling no later than 7am. We have a support vehicle, so do not have to carry tent and supplies on the bikes, which is an advantage.

Do quite a bit of riding, so not concerned about the mileage, although I have never pedaled into
a Great Plains headwind, I'm pretty sure that could be a real bear. We'll be riding east from the Nebraska border to the Missouri border, so hopefully the wind will be W-E. I've checked the amount of climbing on each days route, and I do more climbing on my rides in Michigan. But it is definitely not a flat ride by any means.

I've read that this is a fun, week long party, and that Iowa really welcomes the participants with open arms and great hospitality.

Has anybody on this board done RAGBRAI ? Would like to hear your thoughts on it all.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us