The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / RAD's Living Room

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/woo-hoo--34258565.aspx

Subject:  Woo hoo ! Date:  7/25/2019  8:24 PM
Author:  reallyalldone Number:  1605 of 1646

Younger son has a contract on a house. We've done okay but I don't like living with anyone and he doesn't really like living with me. We also have too much stuff because it's temporary until he moves.

Following tradition, I will be traveling when he moves(bike trip on the San Juan Islands). He's moving to a slightly different part of the city and google maps says he'll have a 9 minute commute. It's his second house - buying less than he's qualified for but planning for at least one roommate who will likely be another firefighter. If they are on different shift schedules, they might see each other a day or two a week.

New build - he wanted turnkey and we did talk about the pros and cons.

My only fail is that while he has beneficiaries on everything, he doesn't have the will & medical documents. Hmmm, perhaps if I point out that the house would be in his estate, he'll get it done.

Now I just have to decide where I'll be living - basement in my house is almost back together again.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us