The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Best Travel Spots/Tips

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/just-back-after-a-week-in-london-condo-was-near-34272897.aspx

Subject:  Re: AT&T UK Date:  8/13/2019  11:11 PM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  24318 of 25107

Just back after a week in London. Condo was near the Elephant & Castle Tube station, a short walk up the road to 316 Walworth road brought us to a handy IBUY storefront. Owner popped in a couple O2 2 Gb Pay as You Go SIMs, set 'em up. 500 minutes of talk time, 5000 texts, all for £10...

A while later we got a note from O2 that they had doubled our capacity.. We didn't use hardly anywhere near the limits, but it was a simple text of 4444 to top it up if more was needed..

Used it all week, once back in the US, I popped out original SIMs back in, back to where we were..

I put each other's new numbers in our Contacts, handy...

One thing to watch is to hang onto your SIM, DW's fell out of her case, so a little concern, but we found it in the bottom of her purse once we were home again.. I keep the original in the back of the case, but there is an adapter card with the new SIM, so it could have been popped in there for the duration.. Just don't mix 'em up...

weco
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us