The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/if-you-are-a-week-away-from-expiration-you-have-34276071.aspx

Subject:  Re: Alan Ellman's Covered Call Writing Date:  8/18/2019  10:46 PM
Author:  JabberStokky Number:  115493 of 115804

If you are a week away from expiration you have found a weekly whether the stock has weeklies or not!!! As above, find the stock that yields the highest $$$ per day. In my last run two were 8 days to expiration and the other two were 15 days to expiration.
I was sitting around thinking about options on Saturday and came to this realization before I read your post! And, I realized I was looking at options just after expiration Friday, which probably had an impact too. Gah, I just wanted to be lazy and whittle down my list of stocks but I suppose I'll have to do an actual three more minutes of work.

On growth stocks out-of-the-money options are better because you also capture part of the growth.
Yes, this is true. It boils down to how bullish you are on the stock.

Enjoy your Saturday in the Sun. Isn't it Winter in AussieLand?
Thank you. Yes, it's winter. It's been cold and miserable and gray but since Saturday the weather's been nice. The weekend was good. Fingers crossed spring is on the way.
I know it's summer on your side of the world - does it get humid in Portugal? I don't mind heat but can't stand humidity!
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us