The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Inheritance Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-finally-called-computershare-a-few-weeks-34277211.aspx

Subject:  Re: JT TEN vs. JTWROS Date:  8/20/2019  1:31 PM
Author:  blacktreechaser Number:  5840 of 5846

I finally called Computershare a few weeks ago.....yes, I do procrastinate...and asked them to change the registration back to JTWROS.

As I understand it, some states consider these registrations to be the same...but not all. Since the three names on the account live in three different states (NY, WA, and NC), I wanted to get it changed back.

They just called this morning, and said they were not going to make the change because there is no difference in the registration.

So I just called investor relations at microsoft and left them a message that I was pissed off...and can Computershare make this registration change with no ones consent? Hopefully this will get squared away quickly.

I'll also contact the folks that have the website that Mike posted the link to.

Any other words of wisdom? I would imagine I'm not the only one affected by this..(unless I'm the only person still in a company's drip program.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us