The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotanyone-who-works-in-a-factory-for-a-decade-34280659.aspx

Subject:  Re: M Cuban A Yang on the Future of Work Date:  8/25/2019  6:43 AM
Author:  Art53 Number:  127338 of 128789

"Anyone who works in a factory for a decade will have some kind of damage." - Ralph

Every old meat cutter I've ever worked with is pretty much shot. Standing on cold concrete all day and lifting heavy boxes of meat, unloading trucks, getting yelled at by the meat market managers your self confidence is pretty much shot. They got arthritis and their backs and are a mess. All of them got wicked scars from where they've cut themselves with wicked sharp knives. Most of them self medicate with alcohol, and back in the old days a lot of them smoked. By the time they were in their early to mid 50s they were a wreck.... that includes me. I also took care of animals for a living and that also includes a lot of heavy lifting, twisting and turning, besides being periodically infected with nasty protozoan animals and bacteria.

Factory work is pretty similar. The human body just wasn't designed for that kind of punishment.

Art
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us