The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: oops...estimated taxes? Date:  9/15/2019  10:04 PM
Author:  pauleckler Number:  129571 of 130172

OK. So I need to dig out a voucher, write a check for 15% of my gains this year, and hopefully it will good? (all were long-term gains)

Yes, but if you got a refund last year, that can imply your withholding had some surplus, which can reduce the size of that check.

Best is to do a spreadsheet to see how your other income this year will compare with last year and estimate your refund this year based on this years numbers. Then adjust that 15% accordingly.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us