The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-never-had-any-problems-with-dentists-until-i-34296463.aspx

Subject:  Re: Dentistry Costs For Retirees Date:  9/16/2019  6:11 PM
Author:  FCorelli Number:  21381 of 21568

I never had any problems with dentists until I moved to my current town. I started going to one of the national chain dentists because the office was convenient.

1) I did not find their prices for routine cleaning, exam, and check-up all that agreeable like they say on the TV.

2) My second visit there (a year after the first) all of a sudden I need 5 fillings! Yank job! So, I dumped them and started seeing a new dentist and I'm still waiting for him to notice those cavities. It's been 6 years now. His prices are better too. Just like all my previous dentists

It costs $$$ for dental work nowadays -- especially if we retirees have no coverage, as we may have when we were working.

Have folks here experienced seeking a "second opinion" for a specific issue, one that may cause you to change dentists totally (which is probable if you get ANYTHING done elsewhere, of course)?

I did that once, years ago, and was happy to change. No big deal. The new one simply requested records and off we went.

Just wondering what others have experienced.

Vermonter

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us