The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/when-i-retired-last-year-i-was-amazed-at-the-34297298.aspx

Subject:  Re: Working has become the new retirement... Date:  9/17/2019  7:52 PM
Author:  buynholdisdead Number:  95178 of 96176

When I retired last year, I was amazed at the number of people who asked me what other job or career I intended to pursue. If I wanted to still be earning an income, I would have just stayed at my very well-paying job which I definitely liked. But I much prefer things as they are now where I do whatever I want, and am not expected to produce something or to be at some meeting or any of that other stuff.

Exactly 2gifts,
I am retiring on April 1st of next year. (Always keep them guessing is my motto). People keep asking me where I am going to go work. I told them I am going to help family remodel their homes, build a forge, travel, learn Spanish, learn the guitar, go fishing, you know everything I enjoy. My brother told me I was to smart to retire, I told him he was to smart to keep working.

Andy
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us