The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-like-the-phrase-that-we-retire-to-reinvent-34297325.aspx

Subject:  Re: Working has become the new retirement... Date:  9/17/2019  8:25 PM
Author:  windrath Number:  95182 of 96093

I like the phrase that we retire to reinvent ourselves. I am in my third "retirement."

Currently, I only do what I want to do and it fits my schedule. I get paid for 10-15 hours/week as I drive senior citizens to grocery stores and field trips (wineries this Friday). I don't do anything before 10 am because I workout. Anything else has to be from home so I can do it any time.

I do these things because I would be bored to death if I did not. There are not enough home projects, newspapers/books to read, or TV to watch that hold my interest. Engaging with other people and having purpose is the key.

The only thing I don't like doing is going out at night. A local investment club has sparked my interest, but they meet in the evening when I am comfy/cozy on the couch watching Jeopardy.

Ain't retirement grand!

Windrath
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us