The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-do-these-things-because-i-would-be-bored-to-34297601.aspx

Subject:  Re: Working has become the new retirement... Date:  9/18/2019  10:09 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  95189 of 96169

I do these things because I would be bored to death if I did not. There are not enough home projects, newspapers/books to read, or TV to watch that hold my interest. Engaging with other people and having purpose is the key.

Maybe this is it for me. I have lots of hobbies and no shortage of activities and social events, so I have no need for any outside work, part-time or otherwise. I play golf during the summer (5-6 times a week), and sew and go to the gym during the winter. With retirement, I have found that I can actually sew all year, and that is a bonus for me. I do a lot of stuff with the local church, and tend to be active in Town events, though I no longer hold elected office. I am also on a committee that reports to a Board of Directors, and that meets quarterly.

So I am definitely busy, and perhaps that is the thing I was missing. Some folks may desire a part-time job to get them out of the house, and I have plenty of things that do that for me.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us