The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/for-example-you-could-look-at-the-hardness-of-34299602.aspx

Subject:  Re: It can’t be done Date:  9/20/2019  3:05 PM
Author:  qazulight Number:  567812 of 576276

For example.
You could look at the hardness of glass and (maybe) see that it has doubled over some number of years through good engineering work. But (my guess) you are never going to keep doubling it until it is harder than diamonds. It is just wishful thinking that constant improvements will keep coming, even with hard work, unless there is some physics-based reason that allows you to get there. And get there safely with energy storage batteries.

Mike,

I agree. I don’t know when the pattern will break. It might be now, it might be in 2040.

My experience is that human ingenuity coupled with effort is a very strong force. Just simple math says that there will be more intelligent design next than last year.

So I only have inductive reasoning to go by. We ran a solid 20 to 40 years with Moore’s law in the simi-conductor industry.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us