The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Best Travel Spots/Tips

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotcheckquot-antiquated-piece-of-paper-that-34302163.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thomas Cook Tour Company Folds Date:  9/24/2019  8:59 PM
Author:  bighairymike Number:  24362 of 25042

"Check"?

Antiquated piece of paper that was commonly used as a payment method in the previous millennium.- vkg

-----------------

I write checks for all my bills. I get two benefits. This forces me actually look at each bill each month and make note of how much something is costing me. Once I discovered a $700 over billing on my electric bill when the elec company swapped meters. Another time a charge was posted twice to my credit card account.

The second benefit is I am free to change credit cards or banks as I see fit if my card is lost or stolen. Also there is with no risk of non payment for things on auto pay that I had forgotten about. Or perpetual autopay. A friend of mine discovered that he had been paying for some i=tunes subscription for years that he didn't use and had forgotten about. Couldn't happen if he wrote a check for it each month.

Not saying my way is better but it works for me. Different strokes...
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us