The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Retirement Planning Date:  9/26/2019  5:12 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  129599 of 131229


You wrote, When calculating a ROTH conversion, it is necessary to consider lost investment gains on the taxes paid.


I thought multiplication was associative. Only the effective rate paid should matter.

- Joel

If taxes weren't paid then the funds would be available to invest. Estimated future effective tax rates is probably different from current effective tax rate.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us