The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Saul’s Investing Discussions

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/many-darth-can-probably-help-follow-roku-more-34325744.aspx

Subject:  Re: ROKU Buys Dataxu, a TTD competitor Date:  10/23/2019  8:23 AM
Author:  Phoolio18 Number:  60877 of 62096

Many (Darth can probably help) follow ROKU more closely than I. It is my understanding ROKU does sell inventory “direct” meaning they have a department who is selling their inventory and allowing for ad campaigns to be set up and adjusted while providing some level of feedback to ad buyers (ROI).

Additionally, ROKU partners with both DSP to help sell inventory and SSP (presumably to help supply inventory). The Trade Desk is one of their DSP partners.

Will the purchase of Dataxu allow ROKU to wall off? I doubt it, but you never know. For someone interested in ROKU, I’m not sure this is a great way to spend their money. They are going to invest in the infrastructure that TTD and others offer. TTD especially has a huge lead in developing these services/platforms to help buyers realize ROI on ads. Unless ROKU wants to end up as a walled garden, it seems focusing on becoming the best TV OS would be more profitable. But what do I know.

Just a few thoughts...

A.J.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us