The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Creation vs. Evolution

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-ignore-articles-like-this-no-offense-intended-34339064.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bacteria to Beethoven Date:  11/9/2019  11:13 AM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  27024 of 27158

I ignore articles like this. No offense intended to the poster, but it's BS unless it appears in a proper journal.

Statements like this are really misleading. It is like saying that quantum physicists doubt Newton. They don't. Like Darwin's, Newton's theory is incomplete, not surprising for something over a century old. But it is still foundational to modern physics just as the theory of evolution is foundational to modern biology.

Excellent analogy. Spot-on.

I read a quote from Dr Francis Collins, head of the human genome project and a fundamentalist xian**, that just based on genetics evolution is irrefutable at this point and xians should stop denying it.

1poorguy

**He has a book, too. I haven't read it, but apparently he encountered a falls while hiking that was frozen in three streams and accepted Jesus as his lord and savior on the spot. Brilliant man, but how he could come to such an irrational conclusion and compartmentalize that is beyond my pay grade.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us