The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/but-if-it39s-a-public-health-system-at-least-34347646.aspx

Subject:  Re: So here's the thing about insurance Date:  11/19/2019  9:09 AM
Author:  cattleman22 Number:  40219 of 40283

{{But if it's a public health system, at least that information about rationing will be publicly available. I'd much rather have a bunch of bureaucrats making decisions that are public knowledge because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one than some group of executives deciding behind closed doors to deny coverage so they can get larger bonuses. }}

1. Having been a government bureaucrat, I do not recommend increasing the power of people like me and people I knew in government. Even in the Obama administration, political appointees and higher ups strongly encouraged phone calls so that no records were generated.

2. At least when healthcare has multiple options in the private sector, I can and I have switched plans in order to obtain a changed coverage that I needed or preferred. If there is only 1 government mandated plan, that is not an option.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us