The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s


Subject:  Re: question about roth conversion Date:  12/1/2019  12:06 AM
Author:  aj485 Number:  26276 of 26295

Just remember the conversion gets treated as part of your ordinary income for the year.

And to avoid an underpayment penalty because of the conversion, you should plan on meeting a safe harbor, or send in a quarterly estimate payments, with a plan to fill out Form 2210 to show that the payment was associated with the quarter the conversion occurred. (Hint - it's easier to meet a safe harbor.)

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us