The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/cnc-i-did-a-major-renovation-here-back-in-the-mid-34372216.aspx

Subject:  Re: How to get rid of China & silverware? Date:  12/25/2019  8:50 AM
Author:  LuckyDog2002 Number:  21645 of 22253

CNC, I did a major renovation here back in the mid 2000’s(ancient history now), and got rid of excess furniture, china, crystal glasses and other. I sold it through consignment shops and auction house. With the furniture, s truck came and the guys loaded it on the truck and took it to a house that was having estate sale and added my stuff in there. Easy peasy and I received a check. With the consignment shops, I had to take stuff to them, some are pickier than others, and they assign prices and when item is sold, a check is sent out. One has to be patient with consignments.

Of course, the easiest method is Goodwill. Drop it off and its done.

Charities that deal directly with the homeless and poor families want microwaveable dishes and cups and bowls. Pots and pans with lids are needed too, plus can openers. I have volunteered with a local charity And was surprised to learn about The dishes and stuff needing to be microwaveable but hearing that people may not have a oven in a house or hotel they live in, it made more sense to me.

Good luck on your clearing out. I have more clearing to do as I see my time here in this big house with a big yard is not practical. It gets down to how do I want to spend my time and money and physical energy.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Lucky Dog
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us