The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s


Subject:  Re: question about roth conversion Date:  12/30/2019  11:58 AM
Author:  TheBreeze Number:  26277 of 26301

to avoid an underpayment penalty because of the conversion, you should plan on meeting a safe harbor, or send in a quarterly estimate payments, with a plan to fill out Form 2210 to show that the payment was associated with the quarter the conversion occurred. (Hint - it's easier to meet a safe harbor.)

Could you please expand on that? Does a "safe harbor" include having more withheld than you paid in taxes the previous year?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us