The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/maryanne-sounds-like-you-two-are-both-very-busy-34378490.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement - A New Thread Date:  1/5/2020  3:00 AM
Author:  RetiredVermonter Number:  21699 of 21950

Maryanne:

Sounds like you two are both very busy people and are enjoying the lifestyle you enjoy. Bravo!

Care to give more detail about what a "cruise ship" retirement community is? I ask because we've all heard the tales of people "retiring" by buying a lifelong round the world voyage aboard a cruise ship, but you are obviously on land! Do you mean you get all your meals, beds made for you, etc.?

Afraid we two are more sedentary, but we enjoy what we have. We're somewhat active in our church, we help with pastoral care visits, I share lector duties in the service, she is on the Altar Guild, and we do what we can in fundraising activities. We have grown children not far away, which is a blessing, of course. I'm still somewhat active with my amateur radio, and this location on a ridge is a great spot for it, especially with several acres of tall trees.

I think, as I have said, each of us needs to seriously consider what type of lifestyle we want and then pursue that, within whatever limits we face in terms of health and wealth.

I hope you get to enjoy many more happy years!

Vermonter

Above all
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us