The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/dear-lucky-dog-david-was-amazed-that-you-would-be-34378951.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement - A New Thread Date:  1/5/2020  6:41 PM
Author:  malaoshi Number:  21704 of 21950

Dear Lucky Dog,
David was amazed that you would be interested in his list...

"Does she know I can barely see,.. and that my leg means limited activities?"
"Yes, lovey. I guess she'd just like to know what Oldies do"
"But other than gratitude project, I haven't added things I might want to work with...it's not a complete list or anything! Just 15 minutes writing brief thoughts"
"Well,.. you know how I laughed when I saw you were making a 'to do" list a YEAR before you MIGHT retire, and others may think that is funny too...."

There are family things that would bore you to tears, Lucky Dog,...He has a menu collection from meals he ate all over the world that he wants to collate, and he is determined to make a book for the grandchildren of many funny stories, events or achievements that we know of from our own grandparents, and I'm not sure if those things are mentioned, but I'll try and do a "copy and paste" on another e-mail.

He's very English, fairly private and quiet. I thought he was a Stuffed Shirt when we first met on a one-to-one basis but I was very wrong. He is actually very witty, interesting, loving, and easy to live with...

Good luck with things you love to do, or just want to try....
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us