The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-dont-understand-why-some-cruise-ship-company-34394290.aspx

Subject:  Re: WaPo - Retiring on a Cruise Ship Date:  1/25/2020  11:48 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  96906 of 98510

I don’t understand why some cruise ship company hasn’t jumped on this. Make the *entire ship* a retirement community. Forget the water slides and and other junk they crowd into the boats to attract people. Fill it instead with larger medical areas. Keep some doctors and nurses on the ship, on call 24/7. Acute medical emergencies would be handled as now: stabilize and remove by port or medivac as required.

More cultural/instructional events and like existing retirement homes, guest suites so family can join you for their visits, which means some limited space still needed for younger visitors. But I would make it independent living or some limited assisted living only. It would take a joint venture between a cruise line and a company that runs retirement homes. I would not want to go to a retirement home that has an administration that has no experience in such a venture.

IP,
probably not a candidate for this either way
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us