The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/good-question-if-you-want-him-to-read-along-34447229.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tech Recommendation - Audible Books Date:  3/22/2020  1:41 PM
Author:  PipneyJane Number:  40262 of 40282

Good question. If you want him to “read along”, I’d go for one of the more basic Kindles, just so long as it handles “WhisperSync” from Audible. If you just want him to listen to audiobooks, then any MP3 player will do. Audible will work with quite a basic MP3 player.

How confused is your dad, Imp? Would he be operating the device or would it be down to a nurse/member of staff to operate? I’m asking because IRL I have a friend who is rapidly declining into her dementia. It’s been at least 3 years since her initial diagnosis, but she has been noticibly worse in the last 4 months. Hester would not cope with a Kindle now. Last month, she could just about manage a cell-phone, but she was constantly phoning my DH and not making sense. (God knows why his number was first on her phone.)

You may only need two or three audiobooks on rotation, depending on his level of memory loss, in which case is there an old CD player lying around? You can burn Audible books to CD as regular sound tracks, not as MP3s.

HTH

- Pam
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us