The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Where Angels Fear to Tread

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/trump-now-talking-about-quarantining-ny-and-a-34454604.aspx

Subject:  Re: March 2020 - Dreamer Corp Date:  3/28/2020  8:09 PM
Author:  Kingran Number:  11366 of 11586

Trump now talking about quarantining NY and a couple other states.

You are getting so many mis-statements from the administration, you cannot understand or plan for what they are truly going to do.

Within hours, Trump argued, that 30~40K ventilators NY is asking is unnecessary, they don't need that, and we need to open the country by Easter to let us quarantine 3 states. This is nuts. These are difficult times, but it is compounded by the administration.

I reject auto accidents/ flu death comparisons. Auto death is well defined risk, you have certain percentage of people going to get into accidents, and some is going to be fatal. For flu, yes some people are going to die, but we have medicine to treat for most folks.

Corona is highly contagious and we don't have a cure. What China, South Korea and Germany experienced is not what we are experiencing. I will wait for the March 18th bottom to test and bounce off, before making any additional purchase. I have added a 3% position, and it is up 7.5% I might reduce it to 1% on Monday. The goal is hold on to cash, and close some positions to raise cash.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us