The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/in-fact-you-could-potentially-put-someall-of-34459056.aspx

Subject:  Re: RMD temporary stop and start Date:  4/2/2020  2:42 AM
Author:  kitsapkidd Number:  130422 of 130885

In fact, you could potentially put some/all of the money you've received in the last 60 days back as a rollover, too.

I was lucky on a few fronts. I procrastinated on my RMD to 6 Feb. Plus it was just IRA settlement fund to Taxable settlement fund. Then backwards again with same settlement funds. May have made it a little easier, don't know. No other R/O in last year either.

Monday morning I rolled it back. It was a really short conversation with Vanguard once I got to the "IRA" department. It went like this:

Me: I wanna reverse my RMD I took on 6 Feb.
VG: OK. Is this in regards to the CARES Act?
Me: Yes.
VG: Where do you want to put it?
Me: Back into my IRA settlement fund.
VG: OK, I'll rollover $xxxx from your tax acct and deposit it in your IRA. Is that correct?
Me: Yes.
VG: (keyboard clicks) OK, its rolled over. Is there anything else I can help you with today? (my phone dings with a confirm)
Me: No. Thanks. Bye...

Lucky. That was it. Then I went to pickup my online grocery order then back home chill' for 2 more weeks before the next one.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us