The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-had-2-18-packs-of-quilted-northern-bought-at-34467066.aspx

Subject:  Re: $1.49/roll TP Date:  4/9/2020  9:03 AM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  910068 of 911331

I had 2, 18-packs of Quilted Northern bought at Target in Jan & Feb When I heard of the TP shortage, I bought one of those 30 packs of Kirkland TP from Costco in March. And I still have a few rolls left from my previous Costco pack and haven't opened any stored TP yet. I didn't realize how long these packs last! I'm in the habit of buying 1 18- or 30-pack when I'm down to maybe 6 rolls, since I have room in a suburban house. Sooner if I notice a sale on what I like (I require unscented so no Charmin-). When I lived in a NYC studio, I bought one 4-pack when I was down to 1 roll(!).

In my defense, I'm 70 with lung disease so I need to minimize contact with other humans (and apparently their pets, too-) these days.

As it turns out, my ZIP code has the most covid-19 in my state. Why? We have many health care workers, high median HH income + many retirees = above average number of travelers, but mostly due to a particular church, which continued to host events after they should've stopped. Stay away from devout Christians, peeps, it's unsafe!!
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us