The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Real-Money Stock Picks / Jim Royal

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i39m-kind-of-flustered-by-the-binary-nature-of-34476577.aspx

Subject:  Re: REITS - FRT, O, STOR and ROIC Date:  4/18/2020  10:49 PM
Author:  rtichy Number:  5299 of 5533

I'm kind of flustered by the binary nature of the consensus I'm seeing in discussion at MF and all financial sites. Some people a great many people are convinced that bouncing out of this will be imminent and that the whole thing is overblown....

I'm not in that camp, but I also get a little "FOMO" out of reading that perspective.

I'm clearly in the "Yeah, indoor malls are Done." mindset right now, and without a full and true vaccine I just don't see that going away. I'm not sure where you have to have one's head at to believe that the consumer society isn't based on shopping as entertainment and social behavior, and that major forces for that are shopping malls, even now. I gravitated early towards Amazon because I dislike salespeople, but I feel like I recognize what other people do and what motivates them... it just looks severely 'broken' by this pandemic.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us