The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/-even-if-low-interest-rates-quotjustifyquot-34527148.aspx

Subject:  Re: Good times ahead? Date:  6/4/2020  8:09 PM
Author:  Rayvt Number:  253534 of 259388

) Even if low interest rates "justify" high stock valuations, if buying at stocks at these very elevated valuations, your return will be pathetic compared to historical returns..

Scene from a great book & movie:
Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times; but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

your return will be pathetic compared to historical returns..

Yes? A lamentable situation indeed. But it is what it is. Getting the historical return does not seem to be in the cards. You just have to navigate the rapids, no matter how much you wish that it was a gentle stream.

4) Given the huge government obligations holes at every level...combined with generally increasing populist sentiment, it seems a near certainty that governments will soon increase their take on corporate profits.

I recall once hearing a saying: "History does not always repeat itself. Sometimes history roars, "DO YOU HEAR ME NOW??!!"
Will be sad times for my grnadchildren and great-grandchildren.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us