The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-albaby-i-agree-with-your-assessment-of-the-34530475.aspx

Subject:  Re: Looking For Albaby Date:  6/8/2020  5:54 PM
Author:  mzee20 Number:  2314309 of 2332260

Hi Albaby,

I agree with your assessment of the difficulties of overcoming the systemic problems in our police forces. I suspect we will have to reconstitute protective forces based on different principles, which will be difficult.

My question is, what are the legal barriers to requiring employees to live within the borders of the protected district, city or county. I'm not referring to enforcement of the requirement, which I know is daunting, and I know that it is allowed to be enforced for very high level employees, but what about rank and file?

The reason I'm asking is that I have always lived in cities, and have been told several times by police in different places that I should move out to the 'burbs if I wanted to be safe. It occurs to me that most of the cops I see are terrified of the people they are paid to protect, are uncomfortable with their piercings and tattoos, their strange hair color and, most of all, their politics. This can't be good for me and my neighbors. I know that there are barriers to entering the force in terms of grooming requirements, etc, but those can be removed. I'd love to know that the cops that come to my door are like-minded people.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us