The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/love-my-kindlesim-embarrassed-to-say-that-i-34556022.aspx

Subject:  Re: Kindle - worrh it? Date:  7/9/2020  10:40 PM
Author:  MissEdithKeeler Number:  910709 of 912288

Love my kindle(s)—I’m embarrassed to say that I own 5. Three kindle fires, my first Kindle ,I think it was the second generation), plus another older kindle. May get a paperwhite in the near future.

I love them all for different reasons. The old Kindles are really easy on my eyes—important when you look at screens all day. The Fires are great for travel—my whole library is at my fingertips, plus movies, plus Audible. The smaller one fits in my purse; that larger one is great for reading magazines.

One trick: if you have a friend with similar taste in books, consider each of you getting a second older, basic kindle and swapping with your fried. DBF and I did that—now I have all his books plus all my books.

I have had my kindles “with offers” but eventually paid to have them removed. I did not find them particularly intrusive.

I personally have not had much luck checking out books from the library on my kindle. We have that option, but every time I wanted something it wasn’t available. I guess only so many people can download at a time.

I have Prime and get a choice of a kindle book every month. Some are good, some aren’t. Prime also has the Kindle lending library where you can borrow certain books. I’ve had Unlimited from time to time but canceled—felt like I wasn’t always getting my $$’s worth when I was busy at work, etc.

Your kindle can hold a TON of books. I probably have 700+ on mine, with room to spare.

Oh, there are often free books on Amazon, too.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us