The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/you-do-realize-that-td-ameritrade-has-been-bought-34562637.aspx

Subject:  Re: Vanguard lays off 1300 401k employees Date:  7/15/2020  1:04 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  98944 of 100126

You do realize that TD Ameritrade has been bought by Schwab? So it's not really TD Ameritrade anymore (they haven't gotten rid of the name yet, but I expect they will within a few years).

I started long ago with Schwab. Then found Scottrade (much cheaper). Scottrade was bought by TD Ameritrade. Still pretty cheap (and then suddenly we have commissionless trades). Now TD Ameritrade has been bought by Schwab. Right back where I started. ESPP is with ETrade. I'll probably move it out of there when I retire. They are expensive trades (relatively speaking).

I have my IRA at Vanguard. Cheap index funds. As long as they remain such, I'm content to leave that money there.

401K is with Fidelity. Have had no issues, so content to leave that money there also. At some point I may want to transfer/roll-over to Vanguard. I'm just interested in cheap funds (mostly index) that I buy and forget.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us