The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/you-do-realize-that-td-ameritrade-has-been-bought-34562659.aspx

Subject:  Re: Vanguard lays off 1300 401k employees Date:  7/15/2020  1:24 PM
Author:  richinaz Number:  98945 of 100126

You do realize that TD Ameritrade has been bought by Schwab? So it's not really TD Ameritrade anymore (they haven't gotten rid of the name yet, but I expect they will within a few years).

Yes, I do. And I have never opened an account directly with TD. All of mine were taken over by TD via Scottrade and ThinkorSwim acquisitions.

I've chatted with some people at TD and my understanding is that the trading platform, originally created by Thinkorswim will remain since that is considered a significant asset and would cause many to leave if it were to go away.

I'm not sure what the web interface will look like. I have zero experience with Schwab (unless you count way back in the dinosaur days of the early 90s).

Right now I find TD, Fidelity and Vanguard in that order. With Vanguard a very distant 3rd in terms of the web interface down to customer service.

Thankfully now, if you want cheap indexes you can buy ETFs from any broker and not be stuck with mutual funds.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us