The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/almost-forgot-34563782.aspx

Subject:  Almost forgot Date:  7/16/2020  6:50 PM
Author:  scaryblondechick Number:  58341 of 58355

Back in the day, I would've posted this on ScaryWorld; alas, that board is dead as Dillinger, so I'm posting it here instead, in my own voice.
On May 15, I graduated valedictorian with a BS in psychology from a local Catholic university, and they also awarded me a couple of competitive medals from the English department - one in poetry and one in creative writing. The Psych department had a virtual graduation ceremony in May, at which I gave a brief address; the whole school will have something similar in August, but, thank all the gods, they haven't asked me to speak.
The uni has accepted me to their psych graduate program, and I have a GA in fall with the prof who runs the cognitive and perceptual psych lab there, who will be on sabbatical. He wants me to run the lab in his absence, and get his course materials online for the spring semester.
The school does not award a Ph.D. in psych, they award a Psy.D., which I'm not sure I want. I may have to commute up to Binghamton to get what I'm looking for - or I may just "settle" for the MS and teaching, I'm sure they'd have me. But that decision's a couple of years away, in any case.
I just really wanted to say something about it. I'm excessively proud of the whole thing, and I have almost nobody to tell it to. So there you have it.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us