The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Recipes/Cooking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/how-about-fruit-salad-with-walnuts-i-like-it-34620164.aspx

Subject:  Re: breakfast ideas? Date:  9/16/2020  8:58 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  56621 of 56677

How about fruit salad with walnuts? I like it with mixed berries, halved red or black grapes, broken walnuts (cheaper than whole), and sometimes shredded unsweetened coconut. Also makes a great topping for yogurt or cottage cheese.

Pancakes/waffles/French toast

These sound like they would work. I love fruit and cottage cheese, so I could give that a try.

I have a great recipe for maple walnut bread that I use for French toast, so that'll be on the list. It also freezes well, so I could make a big batch and freeze for later usage. Same with pancakes or even waffles. That way, I'm not doing lots of prep or cooking in the morning, so breakfast can be fast.

Frittata/quiche (are you avoiding eggs?)

I'm minimizing the eggs because of the cholesterol, but I could do this once in a while. I am just ever so slightly high on cholesterol, and have already made the changes I think will do the trick, but am being mindful of what I eat.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us