The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/tl-dr-for-the-op-have-had-it-for-a-long-time-and-34626196.aspx

Subject:  Re: Soda Stream Date:  9/24/2020  11:57 AM
Author:  tconi Number:  911096 of 911716

TL; DR for the OP-
Have had it for a LONG time and enjoy having it.

primarily - we use ours for just the carbonation.
I used to *love* the diet grapefruit flavor (very much like Fresca), but the formulation changed about 5 years ago, and now, meh.

the gas cartridges last for 25 or so bottles and cannot be purchased on-line because they cannot be mailed.

Oh- but they do! just not from soda stream.

Getting refills was the hardest part, even the stores near me almost never have the carbonators in stock.
sodasense.com is a refill-by-mail, and they will take any brand of carbonator.
Yes- they are a little more expensive, but 2 wasted trips to stores that don't have what I want, is worth a dollar or two.

the soda stream bottles have to be replaced after a year or two and do not make a liter of water.

I have had mine for 10(+?) years and have never replaced the bottle.
I have heard one is supposed to, but do not know why.
The bottle (in my house) is used to keep water cold for carbonating, and for nothing else.

Once carbonated, the seltzer is transferred to swing-top glass bottles (like for grolsch beer).
In the unlikely event that a flavor is added, it happens in the glass one is drinking from.
I do occasionally add mineral drops for a "mineral water" - or squeeze and actual lime, but that's about it.

peace & fizz
t
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us