The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Diabetic Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/-though-it-will-probably-take-several-more-34626219.aspx

Subject:  Re: Diabetes Digest - August Is Over Edition Date:  9/24/2020  12:26 PM
Author:  VeeEnn Number:  2838 of 2843

... though it will probably take several more years of working at it to get where I'd like to be

And that's a healthy realisation. One of the sobering messages that resonated with me a while back was "You grow up until your thirties...... and then you grow old". So, if all you wanted was to be where you are right now in, say, 5 years time, you'd have to work at it. If you want to improve...... well, you REALLY have to work at it. Don't even mention about maintaining sufficiently over the long haul if you have any specific age related goals.

I follow a couple of fitness/lifestyle focused endocrinologists on Facebook....Karl and Spencer Nadolsky. I've mentioned them here in the past in the context of "exercise as medicine" but their pages/blogs provide a plethora of tips on eating, training and progressing......as well as stuff of a more academic nature.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us